At the request of Joselyn Arrieta, ARTI member from Los Angeles. I write about Typhoon Haiyan. update: the ‘worst of the worst’, Bad Luck. In error most North American’s are calling Hurricane Sandy and Hurricane Katrina as the worst Hurricanes/Typhoons in History. They are wrong. Hurricane Gilberto made Katrina and Sandy ‘small’ the same way that Typhoon Haiyan did.
My heart goes out to all the victims; however, I pray the most for the earthquake victims who were still living in tents when the Typhoon ‘blew them away’. Can you imagine the stress, horror and struggle to survive your home collapsed, your family killed, your belongings gone. You are hungry, wet and homeless and now the greatest Typhoon, in History hits you. I know of few groups of people who have suffered more from disasters.
The good news is that 750,000 people were ‘smart enough’ to run away before it HIT.
SPREAD THIS POST THROUGHOUT THE PHILIPPINES TO SAVE LIVES AND REDUCE SUFFERING, NOW.
Hurricanes and typhoons are actually multiple disaster events occurring simultaneously, separately and combine to make MONSTERS. You must protect yourself from: normal Building Collapse, explosive types of building collapse (radial forces), mudslides, floods, strong winds, ships sinking, rock slides, explosions, toxic exposures, chemical clouds, animal attack, disease of many types and kinds, vehicle accidents, bridges being swept away and etc…etc..etc..lots more danger, death and destruction….Typhoons demand respect or you will die.
I am going to link to Various Previous Posts that have valuable Hurricane and/or Typhoon Survival/Safety/Coping and Mitigation Info. and make a top ten list for Typhoons.
Top Ten List for Hurricanes or Typhoons
1) Leave. Evacuate. There is a warning period. Time to Escape. Run for your life. Go somewhere safe.
2) Immediately, go to high ground where nothing can fall, collapse or crush you…or drown you and/or sweep you out to sea.
3) To Tourists: Don’t be stupid and go watch the waves and then be killed.
4) Stay dry to avoid skin disease and many other diseases that are empowered by ‘wet’/humid and hot conditions. BUY BABY WIPES (keep skin disease away The Federal Minister of Mines pleaded with me to Give the President of Peru a baby wipe. I did. It was ‘gift from heaven, to wipe your neck, your face and your soggy/wet crotch.)), BLEACH (for water and food sterilization) , GARBAGE BAGS (keep you (rain coat) and possessions; that is,’ food’ and other valuables…protected.
5) All public water lines are contaminated by sewage and much more. Boil water or add a few drops of bleach to a liter of water. Food is contaminated, too. With every mouthful of food have a sip of bleached water (get liquid Oxygen, if you can) The bleach, in the water will help to decontaminate the food, as you eat it. Be wary of contaminated EVERYTHING.
6) If you are in a building, during a hurricane you must read every detail of
and go to a corner, behind a right angled couch and using a mattress to cover yourself which will protect you from flying objects. This will protect you from flying objects, glass and the walls or building collapsing. You will be multi-protected and safe.
7) If you cannot evacuate prior to the typhoon and/or immediately after the storm then be aware that everything is contaminated, everything is br0ken, the roads can be washed away, the ferries can be stopped, the docks can be destroyed and you must depend upon the navy and/or helicopters to provide everything. Go to military bases for help.
8) The aftermath of a typhoon is misery and danger from many sources; including, mudslides (stay away from water soaked overhangs or hills). Evacuate NOW if you didn’t before.
9) All nature will be in an uproar including wild animals, snakes, crocodiles and other dangerous animals who have used these types of disasters to hunt in packs, groups and to take advantage of easily available ‘food’. (The Almira floods/mudslides in Columbia were an opportunity for thousands of man eating animals to wait , at a river, for evacuees to cross.) Watch your vulnerable children! Closely or evacuate them to grandma’s, in a place far away from danger.
10) Typhoons and hurricanes, have tornadoes, occurring throughout the area. Tornadoes can be incredible. Hell might be an improvement over a typhoon event.
I have witnessed more than 300 tornadoes and was ‘chased down the road..for a few miles..by one!” doug copp The following is an excerpt from an email that I received, today. I thought some people might be interested; since, we … Continue reading
Bloomberg said: ” It is Climate Change. Stupid”. I Say: ” Do Good. Stupid”. The most important things of life…….that we can appreciate, love and/ot deeply care about…………… or desire ……are ALWAYS… very simple. The simple things are the foundation … Continue reading
Hurricane Isaac ..lots more to come…BBC TV Special with Doug Copp and 3 scientists predicted the current ‘giant’ floods and what will come next.
Below is a reprint of an earlier posting. It has been updated to allow people to understand flooding events in Louisiana; including, the social cost and psychological effect of repetitive disasters. At the time, this TV program, produced by the … Continue reading
This post is taken from my comments in response to 2 previous postings. Some people suggested that Climate Change requires ‘Balance’. I responded that Climate Change requires ‘reality’. Permanent Climate Change has already occurred ( in thousands of ways/examples); however, … Continue reading
Wall Street caused global warming. The fact that the Penthouse toilets of the Wall Street Elite couldn’t flush had more impact on ‘waking up’, for action, to save our world, than 10 million ordinary people dead. The Stock Exchange was … Continue reading
The cover of the ‘BIBLE OF WALL STREET , Billionaire publisher, Mayor Michael Bloomberg says it all. You will find this article very direct, blunt, truthful and certainly real. I am already supposed to be dead, from my 911 injuries, … Continue reading
My experiences of crawling into 896 collapsed buildings with a total of 650,000 dead victims taught me the following: You only need to know two words, to understand, how to live or die in a quake ‘next to” and ‘under’. … Continue reading
March was a bad month. The people of Japan began to ‘break human records of suffering’. I was sick. My 911 injuries had flared up and my lungs were bleeding. I couldn’t walk but a few feet without stopping, every … Continue reading
Below is the text of The Desert Valley Star article. You can go to the site and see the actual article with pictures/graphics as actually published. You Can Survive Send This Article By Email | Print Article – Text Only … Continue reading