June 19, 2015. Update: At the bottom of this article you will find a letter that I was asked to write to a Fire Chief, about my response to San Andreas.
I just got back from watching ‘San Andreas’, at the theater. Here are my comments:
Welcome to my world. Some facts, to consider:
1) More than 1 million people have died at the Disasters that I have worked at. I have stood amongst the rubble of 3 cities in which every single building had collapsed.
2) I have been inside of 3 severely damaged buildings when aftershocks occurred and caused the building to completely crumble into pieces on top of me.
3) I have crawled inside of 896 collapsed buildings; however, I selected these from more than 1 million collapsed buildings; as most likely, to contain live people.
4) I discovered the triangle of life; inside of my very first collapsed building. Sept 19, 1985. It was a school in Mexico City. Three children survived. All the children under their desks were squashed to 1 inch thick. Two children, in the aisles, next to their desks survived untouched. A young girl who had her legs under her desk, survived; because most of her body was in the aisle. Her legs needed to be amputated. If she had been completely in the aisle, like I have been telling school children to do for 30 years she would have been completely unharmed.
5) Most of the entire world is now following the ‘triangle of life’. The last holdout is public schools in the USA; because, the School Board Insurers consider it to be more profitable if ALL the school children are immediately killed, using ‘duck and cover’; rather than, survive using the ‘triangle of life and sue for physical injury or trauma. The School Boards have told us:” It is cheaper and less trouble if the children are killed immediately.” The Insurers have, also, told the School Boards that they would either stop insuring them or greatly raise their premiums if they switch to ‘the triangle of life’. I consider the murder of children, to maximize profit, in an already profitable business to be profoundly evil.
6) Few people would comprehend the ordeal of abuse, defamation, threats and actual crimes committed against me; to force me, to stop interfering, with the death for profit business of USA Insurers.
Having said all of this I found the movie to rate a 10 out of 10. The Cal Tech Bureaucrat who kept telling people to ‘duck and cover’ was so dumb that he and his crew didn’t have the sense to evacuate the building when the strongest buildings in the state were collapsing. He was dumb and acted accordingly. Also, the Cal tech seismologist said that the San Andreas Major Earthquake was 100 years overdue. That is inaccurate. The ‘Big One’ was statistically due in 1957; therefore, it is 58 years overdo. This is known by taking core samples, on fault lines; which indicate the precise dates of major earthquakes over the last 10,000 years.
Having said that it was very gratifying when ‘The Rock’ told the people “to get next to a big, strong object that would protect you. ‘Triangle of Life'”. Perhaps, I can look forward to some days of non persecution; before, I die. However, I decided 30 years ago that I would endure any abuse and any hardship; rather than, allow School Board Insurers and their ‘lackies’ to kill children for profit. In fact it has been a cause that I would gladly give my life for.
Some of the buildings didn’t collapse exactly like they would have collapsed in real life. Also, helicopters have a restricted altitude of 5,000 ft; because, the down wash from their blades cause further collapse of already damaged buildings.
For the most part it was accurate and a real representation of the nightmare that will soon happen. Welcome to the world of death, horror, destruction that has been my life; since, 1985.
Triangle of Life Saves 50 lives in the Biggest Blockbuster Movie, in theaters, around the world, by the Biggest Action Actor, in Hollywood:
I got this email, today:
“Yesterday Sheila and I went to see the movie “San Andreas” starring ‘The Rock’, Dwayne Johnson, who plays a Los Angeles Fire Dept. helicopter pilot.
Early on in the movie the scientist from CalTech says people should do Duck, Cover and Hold under a table because a humongous earthquake was expected.
Later in the movie ‘The Rock’ Dwayne saves about 50 people’s lives when he urges them to get over here next to a wall. After the shaking stops, a woman asks him how he knew that. He said, “Triangle of Life.””
Thank God! Maybe, the years of persecution and hatred will stop; but it was worth any sacrifice to save the hundreds of thousands of lives, that will be saved, every year, by stopping ‘duck and cover’ and replacing it with the TRIANGLE OF LIFE.
Only the darkest places, controlled by the greediest people, still promote ‘duck and cover’; because, it is cheaper for the Insurers of School Boards, to let the children die; using ‘duck and cover’; rather than, survive using the triangle of life and seek compensation. Killing children to maximize the shareholder return of an already profitable business is perversely evil.
Update: June 19, 2015.
” Dear Chief Tomlinson:
Carol Camelot asked me to reach out to you concerning the triangle of life; as presented in the movie: San Andreas.
I quote her: “You wrote me earlier on June 3rd that you would write a response to Fire Chief Tomlinson. This is a special opportunity to reach out to a man who is influential in our city. Something good could come of this for Riverside County as well.”
After much consideration, here is my response: On Sept 20, 1985, 30 years ago, I crawled into my first collapsed building. A collapsed school in Mexico City. Two girls survived in the aisles. They were unhurt. One girl had her legs under her desk. She survived; however, it was necessary to amputate her legs. All the other children were crushed to 1 1/4 inches thick, under their desks. Since then I have inspected more than 1 million collapsed buildings, at 100 plus major disaster events, with more than 1 million deaths. I chose to crawl into 896 collapsed buildings; which were the most likely to contain survivors.
During these 30 years; I have never seen nor heard of a single survivor under a desk. Contrary, every single person who got under a desk was crushed, to death. You cannot imagine the abuse I have endured from Insurance Companies, School Boards and others who find it cheaper, less trouble and more profitable for children to immediately die; rather than, survive and seek compensation for physical or emotional trauma.
Nevertheless, My conscience and soul are not flexible. Under no circumstances would I ever recommend to anyone that they get under a desk. I have seen many thousands of crushed, decomposing people who ‘ducked and splattered’. Carol would like me to compromise. I cannot. If she ever saw any of what I saw she would never compromise. If I did my soul would DESERVE to go to Hell. I refuse to participate, in any way, with ‘duck and cover’. It means a certain and gruesome death.
I am responsible, for what I do. I am not responsible for what other people do. My choice is clear. Of course, at http://www.dougcopp.me , http://www.amerrescue.org and ‘amerrescue’ and ‘amerrescuegmail’ youtube channels you can see scientific studies; actual video inside of collapsed buildings, testimonials and all the proof you would ever need, to prove ‘the triangle of life’ and ‘disprove duck and cover’.
In 1957, Archer Productions, a Madison Avenue Advertising firm created ‘duck and cover’, under a Pentagon Contract, to calm the hysteria of the masses who were afraid of a Soviet Union Nuclear Attack. TV commercials showed people dropping to the ground and putting a newspaper over their head or getting under their school desk. I do not believe that a newspaper, over your head, will protect you from a nuclear explosion. Most people did. Perhaps, creating ‘duck and cover’ was the single worst thing ever done, in history and how appropriate that it was created by an advertising firm, for the pentagon.
I pray to God that you, ‘get the facts’ and ‘do the right thing’.
My latest blog at http://www.dougcopp.me is more detailed concerning the movie analysis. Nevertheless, the ‘triangle of life’ scene in the movie ‘San Andreas’ was accurately real.
I ask Carol and/or Adam to give you my response intact.
Way to go! You don’t need an email from me. But see the one I send out tomorrow which includes this movie. The whole essay on Jade Helm is a doozy. Carol Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 22:52:04 +0000 To: email@example.com