This is a posting from a comment that I made to a ‘Great Shakeout’ Posting.
The Original Post, at Linbkedin , by Wayne Ussery:
The Great Central U.S. ShakeOut – Get Ready! shakeout.org
You are invited to join millions of people who will Drop, Cover, and Hold On at 10:15.a.m. on February 7, 2013* in the 2013 Great Central U.S. ShakeOut! Last year more than 12.5 million people were registered in ShakeOut drills…
Doug Copp • Wayne: Your friend Ed endorsed you as a man of honesty, integrity. You look like ‘a good guy’, to me.
Let me give you some facts from a guy who has crawled inside of 896 collapsed buildings (including 911 and Oklahoma City and San Francisco Earthquake) and worked at more than 100 major disasters, around the world. I have been in 3 cities without a single building left standing and an earthquake (Gujarat, India) with more than 100,000 dead. All of this is verifiable with video, pictures and documentation at my website http://www.amerrescue.org and my blog http://www.dougcopp.me and amerrescue and amerrescuegmail youtube sites.
Supposition: you say the ‘Great Shakeout’ I presume that this means that you are preparing for actual collapsed structures and not ‘flying books falling on someone’.
Facts: 1) Buildings that collapse have a 98% death rate, in the USA.
2) Most of these people do ‘duck and cover’ and become squashed under flimsy, little desks, like the kids in the picture.
3) The 2% who survive have survived because they weren’t crushed, in the rubble. They survived in a survivable void or’ triangle of life’ found next to a large, bulky object.
4) Most of the victims, in the USA, who did survive, panicked, ran and were knocked to the floor ..winding up in a survivable space.
5) 650,000 people have died, at the disasters that I have worked at. The only people who ever survived, survived in a ‘triangle of life’
6) We approached the USA Insurance Companies we were told that they are NOT in the business of saving lives. They are in the business of maximizing shareholder return. We were, also, told that survivors expect compensation for either trauma (physical or mental). In other words dead people don’t sue. Survivors sue. “It is cheaper and less trouble if the schoolchildren are killed immediately; rather than, survive and cost us time, money and bother.
7) The latest earthquake, in Turkey had the highest survival rate of ANY earthquake because the Turkish Government gave out 5 million brochures teaching people NOT to get under desks but get next to them.
8) Many countries ( I will post a book published in Iran , on the triangle of life’, later this week (it was sent to me in pdf. I need to have it changed to doc.)..all over the world have changed from ‘duck and splatter’ to ‘the ‘triangle of life’. Just as the tobacco companies maximized their profit with human lives..the Insurance Companies who insure the school boards have done the same.
I believe that you haven’t been inside of a collapsed building to see with your own eyes what I have seen; since, 1985.I expect you are just repeating ‘official policy’ as dictated to you. A man of honesty and integrity; who actually has’ first hand experience’ would NOT be capable of telling people to ‘duck and cover’; especially, children.
I took videos and everything else that ANYONE of any ‘good will’ or ‘intentions’ can be completely satisfied to completely conclude that ‘duck and cover’ is death…and ‘survivable void’ or ‘triangle of life’ is the only sane action, to take, to save your life.
Of course, I expect to get the usual hatred, lies, discrediting..BS. I could care less. I have a conscience and a soul. I can’t look , at the picture you posted of those kids under their desks without vivid memories of squashed children making my stomach upset.
I, personally, need no more incentive than a clear conscience that I did everything I could to stop the slaughter. If it is too much, to ask, of someone, to endure the abuse and hardship of standing up to such powerful vested financial interests then at least do NOTHING. By doing Nothing more children will survive than teaching them to do the worst thing that they could possibly do..to survive..get under a flimsy desk that will collapse under an adult’s weight..let alone tons of rubble….and squash them like a bug.