Doug Copp quotes:
“Very rarely, in History, does ‘brutal violence’ ever beat ‘applied intelligence’ with the ‘guiding hand’, of experience..
I hope that there are enough ‘active brain cells’ within the .1% ( NOT 1% but .1% because most of the 1% work for the .1%. The .1% will eventually dump them too) to stop ‘feeding like greedy little pigs’ before they are ‘turned into bacon’.”
Doug Copp will be interviewed, for 15 minutes, on the Jerry Ashton Show, 15 minutes of fact, Wgrnradio.com. We Earth Global Radio Network, Occupy Wall Street. The show will air live on Friday, 25, November, 2011 at 4 pm Eastern Time (NYC). It will be archived, at the site, for later review.
‘Occupy Your Life’ is doug copp’s idea.
copied from an email sent by Michael Moore followed by some doug copp comments posted on the internet.
Here is what I will propose to the General Assembly of Occupy Wall Street:
10 Things We Want
A Proposal for Occupy Wall Street
Submitted by Michael Moore
1. Eradicate the Bush tax cuts for the rich and institute new taxes on the wealthiest Americans and on corporations, including a tax on all trading on Wall Street (where they currently pay 0%).
2. Assess a penalty tax on any corporation that moves American jobs to other countries when that company is already making profits in America. Our jobs are the most important national treasure and they cannot be removed from the country simply because someone wants to make more money.
3. Require that all Americans pay the same Social Security tax on all of their earnings (normally, the middle class pays about 6% of their income to Social Security; someone making $1 million a year pays about 0.6% (or 90% less than the average person). This law would simply make the rich pay what everyone else pays.
4. Reinstate the Glass-Steagall Act, placing serious regulations on how business is conducted by Wall Street and the banks.
5. Investigate the Crash of 2008, and bring to justice those who committed any crimes.
6. Reorder our nation’s spending priorities (including the ending of all foreign wars and their cost of over $2 billion a week). This will re-open libraries, reinstate band and art and civics classes in our schools, fix our roads and bridges and infrastructure, wire the entire country for 21st century internet, and support scientific research that improves our lives.
7. Join the rest of the free world and create a single-payer, free and universal health care system that covers all Americans all of the time.
8. Immediately reduce carbon emissions that are destroying the planet and discover ways to live without the oil that will be depleted and gone by the end of this century.
9. Require corporations with more than 10,000 employees to restructure their board of directors so that 50% of its members are elected by the company’s workers. We can never have a real democracy as long as most people have no say in what happens at the place they spend most of their time: their job. (For any U.S. businesspeople freaking out at this idea because you think workers can’t run a successful company: Germany has a law like this and it has helped to make Germany the world’s leading manufacturing exporter.)
10. We, the people, must pass three constitutional amendments that will go a long way toward fixing the core problems we now have. These include:
a) A constitutional amendment that fixes our broken electoral system by 1) completely removing campaign contributions from the political process; 2) requiring all elections to be publicly financed; 3) moving election day to the weekend to increase voter turnout; 4) making all Americans registered voters at the moment of their birth; 5) banning computerized voting and requiring that all elections take place on paper ballots.
b) A constitutional amendment declaring that corporations are not people and do not have the constitutional rights of citizens. This amendment should also state that the interests of the general public and society must always come before the interests of corporations.
c) A constitutional amendment that will act as a “second bill of rights” as proposed by President Frankin D. Roosevelt: that every American has a human right to employment, to health care, to a free and full education, to breathe clean air, drink clean water and eat safe food, and to be cared for with dignity and respect in their old age.
Let me know what you think. Occupy Wall Street enjoys the support of millions. It is a movement that cannot be stopped. Become part of it by sharing your thoughts with me or online (at OccupyWallSt.org). Get involved in (or start!) your own local Occupy movement. Make some noise. You don’t have to pitch a tent in lower Manhattan to be an Occupier. You are one just by saying you are. This movement has no singular leader or spokesperson; every participant is a leader in their neighborhood, their school, their place of work. Each of you is a spokesperson to those whom you encounter. There are no dues to pay, no permission to seek in order to create an action.
We are but ten weeks old, yet we have already changed the national conversation. This is our moment, the one we’ve been hoping for, waiting for. If it’s going to happen it has to happen now. Don’t sit this one out. This is the real deal. This is it.
Have a happy Thanksgiving!
Random Doug Copp comments posted on other sites… re Occupy:
1) Comment regarding the NY Post Story that the Occupy Movement has achieved ‘nothing’.
Doug Copp • It sounds like Rupert Murdoch, the anti-anything good, asshole owns the newspaper.(He does.)
NOW is a turning point of History. We will either have a rich elite with a reasonable ‘lifestyle’ for the 99% or we will move towards a Chinese style of ‘super capitalism’, with a reduced population of ‘workers’/'providers’ , with no middle class. The ‘Chinese elite’ did something that the .1% have found very appealing: have great wealth, power and comfort without any need for democracy or a middle class.
None of these events are accidental. The ‘super elite ‘.1% control things..they do NOT allow their lives to be controlled by random events.
The ‘revolution’,/’rebellion’ blow back will either make the ‘super elite’ back-off or they will be successful.
Also, the dumber the people are..the easier they are to manipulate with ‘nonsense’ like the tea party distractions. It is all standard material, for a tiny and ‘elite’ group to own everything while the ‘masses’ are subjugated.
I am overjoyed to see people waking up; however, it sure won’t be easy.
I would prefer that the .1% be satisfied with ‘almost everything’; instead of, pushing for ‘everything’ and causing every single living creature on earth to suffer.
I am a pacifist and a humanist.
2) Comment that doug copp should be active and not a pacifist and humanist.
I have a long history, of many years of ‘spitting in the eye’ of the devil. I have been an active humanist, risked my life almost 2,000 times, crawled inside of 896 collapsed buildings. My efforts to put lives before profit has caused me to be slandered, threatened, bullets shot at my wife’s car, my dead mother called a $1 road whore etc etc..I remain permanently disabled from 911, currently under Doctor’s treatment for 20 medical problems.
I do NOT run and I am not squeamish (650,000 people have died horrible deaths, at the disasters I have worked)..as an UNPAID VOLUNTEER.
I just say: I am responsible for my actions and my actions are those of a pacifist and a humanist ( like Charlie Chaplin..before J. Edgar Hoover ran him out of the USA ..not a ..humanitarian like you described)
I would rather NOT have the destruction, violence, death, horror and nightmare that accompany revolution. I would rather that the ‘elite’ learn the easy way ; rather than, the hard way.
My life has been a testament towards the ‘occupy movement’ for 25 years.
Don’t misunderstand me. I cannot be stopped by any other means than death.
I hope that there are enough ‘active brain cells’ within the .1% to stop ‘feeding like greedy little pigs’ before they are ‘turned into bacon’.
3) Comment in addition to 2)
Doug Copp • I forgot to say: That I have saved lives, at disasters, during war, revolution and civl unrest. In the El Salvador earthquake of 1986,. President Duarte gave me an award, for my work, at the collapsed Presidential Compound. I was driven to the Presidential Palace, by the ‘guerrillas’ . Before, I left El Salvador, the leader of the Guerrillas risked his life to come and thank me at a compound swarming with CIA Operatives (Who would have killed him..on sight.) I like to focus on ‘what is important’(saving lives, helping people) not social and political distractions.
I had been working with the guerrilla rescue team, for 3 days..without rest. Our work was done. I asked them to take me to the Presidential Palace. I needed to be ‘in charge of the rescue’ there. They said: “Are you crazy!!!!???!! We are at WAR with them! “
I said: ” I am tired. I am exhausted. Are you going to make me walk?”
They huddled together and then told me that they would drive me.
I have met spies, terrorists, death squads, murderers, spiritual leaders, generals, admirals, kings, presidents..you name it…I have slept on dirt floors and in palaces.
I am an ACTIVIST but one that would; rather use common sense and humanity ….rather than jump to a gun.
Very rarely, in History, does ‘brutal violence’ ever beat ‘applied intelligence’ with the ‘guiding hand’, of experience..
Doug Copp wrote this the following on Jan 23, 2011.
The End of Democracy as the Result of Globalization
The Chinese model is taking over rapidly with the economies of all the democracies being drained of their financial reserves as native, nationalistic Corporations become more and more international. In America former American Corporate Giants are making 84% of their profit internationally. Their money is flowing out of America and the west like a river and flowing into China.
American Factories are being shut down and reopened in China.
When will this stop? Money and jobs will start flowing back into America (and the other Democracies) when it becomes cheaper/more profitable/ to manufacture in the USA. In other words when a Chinese Peasant costs more than an American peasnat then the former American Corporations will return to America to maximize their profits.
The new model is the Chinese model, a small group of tightly fisted individuals controlling a police state with a booming economy. The wealthy and powerful individuals who own the Corporations and rule this world are finding the Chinese model less ‘troublesome’ than the nuisance of a pseudo-democracy.
Their is no need for the elite to operate in a democratic system; they can return to a oligarthic state. Democracy has always been under constant attack; it has been defended and fought for, great sacrifices have been made; however, the greatest threat to end Democracy is ‘ignorance’ of the voters, towards the intentions of the elite.